Cropin is a leading AI & Data Led Agtech company based out of Bangalore. It provides SaaS based solutions to Agribusinesses & BFSI segment globally. We are focused on helping the world’s Ag-ecosystem players to sustainably increase their per acre value with digital solutions & tools and with powerfull data insights. We are well positioned as the Agtech leader with access to farms, technology, data and talent. Our R&I (Research and Innovation) has scientists from the Ag, weather, Geo-spatial, data to computer sciences, all collaborating together to bring meaningful insight to improve the Ag-ecosystem and impact the livelihood of a farmer.
Problem We Are Solving
The world population is expected to cross the 10 billion mark by the middle of this century. This population growth combined with urbanization will require agricultural production to double and that’s where CropIn fits in, we are continuously innovating and building products that can fuel the growth of smart sustainable Ag-ecosystem, which are required to match the growing food demand.
Vision & Mission
To discover, develop and deliver innovative data enabled solution and to be preferred partner in helping our clients succeed in the world’s rapidly evolving Agri & BFSI Sector.
Job Title: Data Scientist
The team is looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about solving problems in Satellite Imaging
and in the AI space, and for the social good. The candidate will be working with a team of AI Data & ML
Engineers/Scientists, subject matter experts (SME), and business teams.
- In this role, the data scientist will develop innovative ideas to build prototype and proof-of-concept AI models.
- He/She will have experience in handling and training on large datasets/big data using GPU-distributed training, cloud computing, or HPC clusters.
- Good exposure to working on problems in optimization, statistics, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Proficiency in image processing and experience in handling satellite remote sensing images will be beneficial.
Best fit profile
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Hands-on Python programming experience and ML libraries like Scikit-learn,
- Deep Learning framework Keras/PyTorch/Tensorflow,
- Code version control using Gitlab/Github.
- AWS Cloud framework, Docker
- Proficiency in algorithm and model development, model validation, and model implementation to scale, especially with images
- DataOps, MLOps, Mlflow
- AWS Stepfunction, AirFlow
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey mathematical concepts to SMEs
- Ability to technically lead and mentor scientists and engineers
- Google Earth Engine, ArcGIS/QGIS
- Top tier publication and research record