Cropin is a leading AI & Data Led Agtech company based out of Bangalore. It provides SaaS based solutions to Agribusinesses & BFSI segment globally. We are focused on helping the world’s Ag-ecosystem players to sustainably increase their per acre value with digital solutions & tools and with powerfull data insights. We are well positioned as the Agtech leader with access to farms, technology, data and talent. Our R&I (Research and Innovation) has scientists from the Ag, weather, Geo-spatial, data to computer sciences, all collaborating together to bring meaningful insight to improve the Ag-ecosystem and impact the livelihood of a farmer.
Problem We Are Solving
The world population is expected to cross the 10 billion mark by the middle of this century. This population growth combined with urbanization will require agricultural production to double. And that’s where CropIn fits in, we are continuously innovating and building products that can fuel the growth of smart sustainable Ag-ecosystem, which are required to match the growing food demand.
Vision & Mission
To discover, develop and deliver innovative data enabled solution and to be preferred partner in
helping our clients succeed in the world's rapidly evolving Agriculture and Dev Agencies Sector.
Role Description- Govt Sales Representative
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Achieve the revenue budget assigned for the territory. Establish relationships with government clients to expand our reach, generate new business leads and build relationships, Identify business opportunities, Providing support to customers, offering clear advice and solutions wherever possible.
- To achieve the monthly/Quarterly / Annual revenue target assigned.Develop and track the annual calendar of all tenders and contracts across assigned
territory and accounts. Coordinate closely with all key stake holders ( internal and external ) in the region to gather and publish a regional tender visibility tracker.
- Develop a strong customer value proposition for targeted accounts, to create a Central and state govt tender accounts pull towards Cropin’s strategic partnerships thereby building strong relationships to expand the business opportunities across all accounts.
- Build an influence map for every Public Sector Account at central HQ as well as regional and establish relations at all levels and locations
- Management of Account Receivables by taking complete ownership of the
outstanding/delinquent payments from each customer to ensure timely payments are realized.
- Prepare action plans jointly with AM/ CS team and guide the AM and CS team to generate new business leads (Upsell) and prospects to penetrate upcoming tenders.
- Create a conducive environment for product specification inclusion.
- Liaison with technical and Purchase committee at the institutions/state level for inclusion of the Products or product specifications.
- Active participation Financial Modeling and pricing strategy to drive increased revenue and profit based on price and volume-related insights by account/customer.
- Cross pollinate success approach from one tender/institution to another tender
- Drive differentiation and success of the product bids by influencing the procurement clauses in the tenders through relationship development with tender/institutional stakeholders
- Coordinate with multiple internal stake holders to service the overall needs of the accounts/ customers. Minimize administrative obstacles for smooth conduct of business.
- Work closely with tender stake holders to enhance the Post tendering process.
Experience and Skills:
- Required Years of Related Experience: 05-06 years
- Education – Graduation with a master’s degree in business management
- Experience in or curiosity about agritech and agriculture policy
- Deep understanding of the political system and policy development process of the GOI across the Central and State levels
- Provide a strong policy and/or legislative background and can ‘enjoy’ reading detailed policy papers and proposals.
- Demonstrate excellent written English and the ability to translate technical details into simple concepts which non-technical experts can follow and apply to their business strategies and plans.
- Proven ability to master complex regulatory and policy issues, and to translate them into clear and concise messaging of direct relevance to the Cropin’s business .
- Strong analytical skills combined with critical and creative thinking.
- Intellectual curiosity, results orientation, strategic thinking, business acumen, self- awareness and adaptability
- Ability to interact with and brief senior executives in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and establish positive working relationships with
colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable using all IT applications relevant to the role (powerpoint, excel, outlook, etc.), as well as knowledge of document sharing platforms, cloud-based services and remote conferencing and calling.
- The position reports to Head – India Sale
- This position works closely with AM and CS team Travel
- This position requires extensive travelling 60-70% .