Today, farmers from developed and developing economies have access to digital services that simplify farm management and provide valuable insights from agricultural big data. This has also created an opportunity for regionally dominant agribusinesses to win and expand globally.
Offering your app and content in the language of your customers has become a necessity, not an option.
The struggle to make a connection with customers beyond your own country’s borders
- Localization is shown to increase a company's revenues by 1.5 times.
- Globally, 56.2% of consumers say that getting information in their native language is more important than price.
- 72.4% of consumers said they would be more likely to buy a product with information in their own language.
Global yet local - what does it mean?
We are the preferred agtech partner for public and private sector organizations in 56+ countries. Working with stakeholders across diverse global regions has allowed us to serve a wide variety of use-cases and objectives, understand regional challenges better, and adapt our applications' interface and functionality to suit foreign markets.
When we set our heart on expanding to the global market several years ago, the internationalization of the platform became our priority.
“Solutions that are readily adaptable for use by any business or stakeholder anywhere in the world.“
The app is created for a global audience, however, its users, their needs, and their preferences vary based on region and industry. App localization then became an important consideration for us. From our experience, it offers the following benefits to our platform users:
- Eases technology adoption and improves user experience as the app content is their regional language
- Enhances communication between users at all levels and streamlines operations
- Simplifies data collection and structuring with customizable options for units of measurement and money
Get equipped for global expansion
If you are looking for a world-class intelligent agriculture platform that caters to your regional needs, you are at the right place. Listed below are five ways we achieve app localization to ensure smooth business operations for you.
- User-friendly interface: Digitalization of farm operations is a common goal for most agribusiness. However, their specific requirements for what they want to achieve through this digital transformation vary from one organization to another. One of our USPs is that the Cropin platform is highly configurable to the business’ needs. It grants the management the ability to set up workflows, analytics, reporting, and other features to accommodate user-level requirements. As a result, users have reported higher productivity, increased ease of use, and positive ROI.
- Multilingual support: English is the universal language, no doubt, but less than 10% of the 3.5 billion smartphone owners have English as their native tongue. It is then only fitting that we try to speak to the app users in their own language. Allowing users to choose their preferred language eases technology adoption, especially among those new to using digital services. A more familiar language makes the application more accessible and improves the user experience. Additionally, it strengthens communication between users at all levels and streamlines operations.
- Configurable units: App localization goes beyond translating text from one language to another. It also includes the localization of general locale settings, such as units of measurements, date and time formats, and currency. It might seem like a trivial aspect, yes. But think about the many times a 24-hour clock format had unsettled you or not knowing whether the date follows the month or the reverse had caused a hold-up. Being able to adjust the settings to your preference can prevent delays and annoyance and give you the more-than-satisfactory user experience you expect from us.
- Workflow localization: Farm practices differ for every crop variety and are also based on the agro-climatic zone when these crops grow. Keeping this in mind, agribusiness can set up workflows, packages of best practices, and other tasks for their specific location and the crops they farm. This capability also makes our platform seamlessly scalable to any region in the world. Businesses with a presence in different geographies or various countries can standardize operations using our global platform while continuing to localize the interface for their region’s requirements.
- Payment gateway integration: Payment gateways serve as middlemen between those sending and receiving online payments and are vital in ensuring the transaction happens securely and promptly. The Cropin platform facilitates these gateways through payment API for integrable platforms. One of the other ways we customized payments for our client is by enabling USSD-based payments in remote locations to disburse funds to farmers as an advance or compensation for the harvest collected from them. This feature was beneficial in villages that lacked internet connectivity, and users could complete the transaction offline.
We pride ourselves on our ability to innovate using modern technologies to ensure a seamless and rewarding user experience for our clients. Customer satisfaction sits at the top of our priorities and if there is something that can be done to delight our clients, rest assured we will get it done!
Authored by Pragati Shah