Cropin is a leading AI & Data Led Agtech company based out of Bangalore. It provides SaaS based solutions to Agribusinesses & BFSI segment globally. We are focused on helping the world’s Ag-ecosystem players to sustainably increase their per acre value with digital solutions & tools and with powerfull data insights. We are well positioned as the Agtech leader with access to farms, technology, data and talent. Our R&I (Research and Innovation) has scientists from the Ag, weather, Geo-spatial, data to computer sciences, all collaborating together to bring meaningful insight to improve the Ag-ecosystem and impact the livelihood of a farmer.
Problem We Are Solving
The world population is expected to cross the 10 billion mark by the middle of this century. This population growth combined with urbanization will require agricultural production to double and that’s where CropIn fits in, we are continuously innovating and building products that can fuel the growth of smart sustainable Ag-ecosystem, which are required to match the growing food demand.
Vision & Mission
To discover, develop and deliver innovative data enabled solution and to be preferred partner in helping our clients succeed in the world’s rapidly evolving Agri & BFSI Sector.
Job Title: Data Engineer
We are looking for Data Engineer to be a part of CropIn’s Engineering Centre of Core Competency contributing to multiple SaaS products. This Centre of Core Competency is charted to build the cloud scale transactional service that caters to thousands of enterprises and 100s of millions of farmers. It will form the foundational layer of various CropIn products and will provide the API layer and its implementation for User Management, Authn/Authz, Work-flows/Orchestration, Messaging, Alerting, Data Design and Management.
The person should be passionate about creating a positive social impact by providing customer centric cloud services.
- The data engineer is responsible to drive the technical design and implementation for our vision of a super reliable, performant, and scalable cloud platform.
- He/ She is expected to have strong experience in large scale Cloud based Saas products/platforms
- He/she need to have the ability to rapidly learn and understand the details and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into technology solution
- Perform various level of tests which includes unit, integration, regression and system tests
- Estimate level of effort required to develop code that meets acceptance criteria.
- Expertise adhering waterfall/ agile methodology for delivering software solutions.
- Participate in analysis and design of user interfaces and provides solutions and alternatives
- Develop solutions according to specified design requirements
- Write optimal and efficient code using best practices and conventions.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
• The position reports to Engineering Manager
Best fit profile
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-6 years of years of relevant work experience including development of Cloud Services
- Strong software programming fundamentals and understanding of SDLC
- Self-motivated individuals who have most or many of the following experiences
- Development experience in middleware cloud services
- Experience in DevOps CI/CD pipeline creation and management
- Deep experience in designing large scale data persistence for low latency applications
- Cloud services such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Strong experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle | PostgreSQL | MySQL)
- Experience in API development and management
- Experience with different development methodologies(Agile/ Waterfall)
- Experience in NoSQL platform (Cassandra / Mongo / Redis)
- Experience in big data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Flume, Sqoop, etc.)
- Proficient in either of Python/Java.
- Exposure to Machine Learning.
- Good communication and problem skills; must be a good team player.
- Exposure to Kubernetes/server-less technologies
- Prior experience with Agritech domain (Great to have)
- Exposure to GIS image processing (Great to have)