Cropin is a leading AI & Data Led Agtech company based out of Bangalore. It provides SaaS
based solutions to Agribusinesses & BFSI segment globally. We are focused on helping the
world’s Ag-ecosystem players to sustainably increase their per acre value with digital solutions
& tools and with powerful data insights. We are well positioned as the Agtech leader with access
to farms, technology, data and talent. Our R&I (Research and Innovation) has scientists from
the Ag, weather, Geo-spatial, data to computer sciences, all collaborating together to bring
meaningful insight to improve the Ag-ecosystem and impact the livelihood of a farmer.
Problem We Are Solving
The world population is expected to cross the 10 billion mark by the middle of this century. This
population growth combined with urbanization will require agricultural production to double and
that’s where CropIn fits in, we are continuously innovating and building products that can fuel
the growth of smart sustainable Ag-ecosystem, which are required to match the growing food
Vision & Mission
To discover, develop and deliver innovative data enabled solutions and to be preferred partner
in helping our clients succeed in the world’s rapidly evolving Agri & BFSI Sector.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
● Define and own end-to-end Architecture from definition phase to go-live and production phases.
● Ensure clarity on non-functional requirements and address these requirements during the
Architecture definition phase.
● Define Logical, Technical & Physical views of Architecture.
● Define reusable components/frameworks, common schemas, standards to be used & tools to
be used and help bootstrap the engineering team.
● Create technical documents like Architecture views and Design specification.
● Review software design to make sure design is aligned to Architecture
● Review code, ensure code is thoroughly tested, ensure best coding practices are followed.
● Develop quick POCs
● Lead performance engineering and capacity planning exercises
● Help Project Management in identifying key technical risks and mitigation plan for the same
● Help Project Management in effort estimation and planning
● Mentor & guide Tech Leads & Software Engineers
● Experience in defining & realizing end-to-end Solution Architecture for large & complex systems
● Experience in creating end-to-end runtime architecture (on-prem and cloud).
● Experience in designing highly available Cloud environments (development, QA, staging &
● Create highly available and disaster recovery solutions
● 14+ years of experience in IT including at least 4 years in Architecture roles
● Proficient in dealing with all the layers in solution: Multi-channel presentation, business logic in
middleware, data access layer, RDBMS | NO-SQL, operational architecture, mobile apps.
● Proficient in OOAD using UML & in application of design patterns
● 2+ years of experience in API architecture definition and realization
● Good grip of big data platforms and NoSQL technologies, and ability to map such tools to
● Strong understanding of architecture patterns such as multi-tenancy, scalability, and federation,
to build cloud-ready systems
● Exposure to various reference architectures and ability to tailor and re-use it.
● Good to have: Certification in TOGAF/Open group certified Architect.
Technology and Engineering Experience
● 2+ yrs of experience in any public cloud (AWS/ Azure/ GCP) computing infrastructure.
● 5+ years of experience with full stack Java/JEE, Spring Framework, SOA and Presentation
● Good working knowledge of Angular, DevOps and automated testing.
● Strong experience in microservices architecture, messaging (kafka), distributed computing.
● Strong experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle | DB2 | MySQL)
● Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments
● Hands on experience in using Maven, Junit, Sonar
● Strong working knowledge of source code versioning systems – Git
● Experience with different development methodologies (Agile/ Waterfall)
● Follow trends in technology and have a point of view
● Experience in NoSQL platform (Cassandra / Mongo / Redis / …)
● Experience in big data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Flume, Sqoop, etc.)
● Exposure to Machine Learning.