Africa has a big agricultural potential, unlocking it requires practical, on-the-ground efforts and innovative solutions. Given the continent’s diversity, a winning strategy for stakeholders is to address the challenges faced by the farmers. ICT4D will improve the value chain by providing analytical data to support decision-making at all levels of the sector. Information sharing, analytics, tracking & traceability, access to markets and finance are the key benefits derived from use of agri-tech.
Who should watch the webinar
Government officials and representatives from County Governments (Min. of Agriculture & ICT), Development Agencies, Non-Governmental & Non-profit Agri-based organizations, Telecommunication companies, Financial institutions (banks, microfinances, insurance companies), Agri-based enterprises (farming and seeds companies, Agri-input companies, food processors etc.)
In this webinar, you’ll learn
- Increase productivity by catalyzing ICT4D - ICT for development i.e. use of technology to drive socio-economic development.
- Awareness raising and technical assistance to stakeholders for the quick acceptance and adoption of new technology.
- Evidence-based technology for market production, finance, and knowledge flows to open up new avenues for the transformation and modernization of agricultural value chains in an inclusive manner.
- Market research and data analytics will enhance understanding and confidence, thus boosting capital flows to the sector.
- Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) approach as a strategy will help to guide, transform, and reorient agricultural systems to effectively support growth in the sector & mitigate the effects of the changing climatic patterns.